By WL | 11/28/12 12:00 AM
We recently caught up with #40 Matt Danowski for an informal grilling and interrogation, including some questions from the fans! Here's the transcript.
1. What is the best nickname you've ever been called? - Submitted by Sam Jagoda
MD - Dino. The one and only nickname I respond to.
2. Gangnam Style, Wobble, Cupid Shuffle or Electric Slide? - Submitted by David Tasillo
MD - Neither. I enjoy doing the Mashed Potato.
3. What's the one thing you do that sets you apart from other Attackmen? - Submitted by Terry Mac McKinney II
MD - Leadership...and my high lacrosse IQ.
4. What advice would you give to kids ages 11-13 who want to play MLL one day? - Submitted by Scott Earnshaw and Jamie McHenry
MD - Play as many sports as you can and, more than anything else, practice your stick skills!
5. What's is your pre-game routine? - Submitted by Conor Atkins
MD - Prepare my mind and body as best I can and try to relax.
6. What do you do to stay in shape?
MD - I work out with Carl Christensen, the Duke Lacrosse team trainer. I also try to run and shoot as much as I can.
7. What is your (lacrosse) weapon of choice?
MD - Warrior Evo 3.0
8. Do you have any special talents?
MD - Absolutely none. I do want to become a better chef though.
9. Where would you go in a time machine?
MD - I would go back to 1938 and watch my grandfather win an NFL championship.
10. If you're Ohio, what do you do with the #1 overall pick in the 2013 MLL Collegiate Draft?
The Draft means something specific to that team. If I was Ohio, I would identify what we need the help with most and try to find someone at that position. Not necessarily the best player in the draft, but the best player for the team now. That being said, I would trade the pick for veteran talent.
Got a question you'd like to ask one of the guys? Let us know! Comment below.